[Dprglist] Workshop for taking the next steps from the Arduino environment - July 16

Donna Smith dsmith164 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 14:01:43 PDT 2022

 Hi Doug,Yes there is interest in streaming the event live and allowing remote attendees participation......Donna
    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 08:21:16 AM PDT, Doug Paradis via DPRGlist <dprglist at lists.dprg.org> wrote:

 -All,     Per the discussion at this week's Robot Builder's Night Virtual (RBNV), I have set up a workshop at the Dallas Makerspace for July 16th between Noon and 4 PM.
    Here is the description I used when setting up the DMS event in the Interactive room (our normal meeting location). "Most beginning Arduino users struggle in two areas whentaking the next step in their programming experience. These areas are moving toa more professional IDE and learning a style that improves their programming.This workshop attempts to help beginners over these humps in the learningcurve. The first area is addressed by having the participant install a workingversion of Visual Code / PlatformIO including a GIT integration withgithub.com. The second area is addressed by showing a style of programming thatwill include some best practices and show the participant how to set upmulti-file projects. The workshop is taught by DPRG to help beginning roboticistsbut is open to all."
     Requirements are a working knowledge of the Arduino environment and a laptop. Optionally you should bring an Arduino board or Arduino based robot.
     I will also try to stream the event if there is interest.
     Please let me know if you plan to attend.
DPRGlist mailing list
DPRGlist at lists.dprg.org