[Dprglist] straight lines

Paul Bouchier paul.bouchier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 09:08:44 PST 2022

Doug, Re your statement about David probably using a P controller with
Kp=1, he made it very clear at last RBNV that he is not using a
proportional controller; that he adds & subtracts a speed offset from each
wheel's setpoint that is a constant, irregardless of the magnitude of
angular error. i.e. Kp=0. He mentioned the amount of offset as being around
10-15% of full speed, though I imagine it's adjustable. The point is it has
constant magnitude, regardless of the magnitude of the angular error.
Cheers
Paul