[Dprglist] KR01 Avoidance Behaviour Test (Preliminary)

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Thu Sep 2 03:49:12 PDT 2021

Hi,

I just posted a new YouTube video testing the KR01 robot on my kitchen
table. This demos the beginnings of the new Avoidance Behaviour, with
a visual indicator of the ratio of the distance perceived between the
port and starboard analog infrared sensors, which are positioned 25°
off center.

I plan to use this ratio (actually a number between -1.0 and 1.0) in a
lambda inserted into the motor controller to steer the robot away from
obstacles, with the amount of steering as an inverse function of distance.

If the distance is the same for both motors this will act something like
the Roam Behaviour, unless I come up with a Clever Plan otherwise. Very
much still a work in progress but I liked the visual indicator, a bit
Cylon.

   KR01 Avoidance Behaviour Test (Preliminary)
   https://youtu.be/25IdEMqTnV4

Cheers,

Murray

PS. I haven't finished drafting a response to David's message, been a bit
busy today (I finally got a plumber to look at the leaky basement and this
afternoon we got our vaccinations!)