[Dprglist] First BBR implementation and some questions

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 15:42:17 PDT 2021

The loop time is entirely up to you. The question is, how quickly does your
robot need to react? That depends a lot on physics - on scale. It also
depends on the needs of the most timing-sensitive (non-ISR) sensors you are
managing, and how you service them.

We don't even have a set loop time since we are using Android on most of
our robots. Our loop time varies a lot, but is generally under 50ms. We
normalize all our timing to seconds and our math looks like normal physics
calculations vs. something short-cutted to a fixed timing loop. Granted,
this is not a common approach in microcontroller-driven hobbyist robotics.
Deemed wasteful of processing cycles by many.