[Dprglist] seriously off topic rant about tonight's discussion

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:38:40 PDT 2021

pps. I don't expect David to respond to this - David was referring to the
papers that Donald Hoffman has produced. I looked at his CV last night and
he has plenty of the publish-or-perish normal scientific investigations
into human perception systems.  Somebody else posted the TED interview into
the chat from a google search. That interview is related to what I'd call
an alternative set of publications centered around his panpsychic
philosophy which seem to be a distinct thread in his output, but which I
would resist calling science. Anyhow, I found that particular interview to
be outlandish enough to warrant some hopefully entertaining intellectual
fisticuffs.