[Dprglist] Fwd: Need suggestion for expansion boards for STM32 to build a robot

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Fri Oct 22 14:28:48 PDT 2021

On 22/10/21 2:43 pm, Ron Grant via DPRGlist wrote:
> Hello Doug / Murray,
>
> Are you talking about the board I created for David Anderson?
> I would consider that public domain if David does not mind...
>
> I can probably dig up the Eagle files for it if you don't have them.

Hi Ron,

Yes, there would be I believe a general interest in having an accessory
board for the Nucleo-64.

> The board is shared on OshPark.com, but eagle (The tool I used for the board layout)
> design files might not be present?
> Let me know...

> One thing is I can't remember if I used other than basic eagle license version. I have some intermediate version that was about $800 back in the old days (circa 2010). I think there was an academic version available at the time for little
> money. The limitation was auto-router would not route beyond a board size of about 3"x4" or so, but you could manually route traces beyond that limit - which I did a few times way back around 2005.

I've recently been introduced to EasyEDA, which is the free design package
that directly integrates with the parts available from JLCPCB, such that
you can create a design and send it directly to the fab for manufacture.
EasyEDA can import KiCAD and Eagle files so that's probably the easiest
approach.

> Getting the boards made though OshPark will be a bit expensive $72 for 3.
> I have used Chinese company Gojgo.com for larger quantities, but OshPark does have some deals there too...

I don't know but would imagine from what I've heard that going with JCCPCB
would be very much cheaper. I'm currently playing around with a power
distribution board which I expect won't cost much at all.