[Dprglist] RTK corrections source in DFW area?

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 13:03:01 PDT 2021

Hey Paul,

I've been using the rtk2go network. It's just a voluntary network, so
there's no guarantee that the base stations are correct to a known
precision, nor is there an uptime guarantee. It's also very sparsely
populated in north Texas:

[image: image.png]

But I've found the VN1 mount point in Richardson to be very stable and
accurate for the last year - though it has had some outages.I've been able
to use it up to 35km away and still get an error bar that I can't reliably
measure.

The Arlington mount point also seems stable - it's been there for at least
6 months - but I haven't used it. Others pop up from time to time but
haven't lasted long. I've published a base station on rtk2go for short test
runs, but have yet to mount my antenna on my roof for a stable offering.

Best,

Karim