[Dprglist] 1 day left to back a Cool looking Kicktarter: Scout: The Tiny AI-powered Autonomous Mobile Robot for home

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Wed May 5 12:22:34 PDT 2021

On 6/05/21 1:24 am, Carl Ott via DPRGlist wrote:

> Seems like a pretty ambitious feature set - and looks interesting as
> a platform to get into various software topics...

I did some DJ work back in the day and I think I can mimic the voice of
the "mission control" announcer in the video. If the robot is as
professionally developed as the video it'd be cool. I wonder how it
handles going from wood floor to my Kilim rug with those wheels. The
User Manual has a bit of CYA language to this effect: "Scout may have
difficulties navigating in a narrow and/or crowded environment with
many obstacles" (which sounds suspiciously like most homes that aren't
featured in House Beautiful).

I'm tempted to buy in just to test that alone. The auto-charger and
various navigation features look interesting as well.

> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moorebot/scout-the-tiny-ai-powered-autonomous-mobile-robot-for-home?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=scout%20robot
>
> https://www.moorebot.com/pages/download
It seems largely targeted (?) at children. Is it worth a look? Dunno. If
it does what it says it can then perhaps...

Cheers,