[Dprglist] Flamewheel: a "reliable educational robot" that you apparently set fire to...

Carl W Ott Jr carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 05:23:33 PST 2021

Well -
They did use the tag line ‘unleash your creativity’ - kinda excusing themselves from having to make a point in educational value...

Does seem irresponsible and even childish considering the audience.

where is dfrobot based?  At least in some US states, claiming to be “professional engineers” without having any registered PE on staff can get you in hot water.  I recall reading about a company that performed dynamic aircraft simulations of some kind - who portrayed themselves as an engineering services company but didn’t even have any PE in staff - contractors used by the likes of Lockheed Martin.  As I recall, The Texas Board of Professional Engineering went after them with a ~$5,000 fine and told them to “stop practicing engineering”.   When I next checked, they had removed any website reference portraying themselves as offering engineering services - vuola - problem solved...

One possible moral of the story - maybe not overreacting - but also maybe easy to brush off... let’s see how they react...