[Dprglist] Pizza Making - Robot?

Murray Altheim murray18 at altheim.com
Sat Jun 12 19:28:52 PDT 2021

That's one of the more inspired Rube Goldberg contraptions I've seen in
awhile.

This reminds me a bit of my boss at the NTTC in West Virginia, who had
previously been designed the IT solution used for the US Congress, and
before that had a failed business where he'd hired an engineer to help
him design a pizza vending machine that kept all the pizzas in a freezer,
then when somebody ordered it a robot arm would push one of the pizzas
into a little elevator that doubled as a microwave oven, and by the
time the elevator had moved the pizza to the customer access door it
was cooked. Everything all worked pretty well, little mini pizzas.

But he ended up in an IP battle with the engineer and the product never
made it to market...

Cheers,

Murray