[Dprglist] Creating a line following course with tape on wood floor - safe for the floor?

John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 16 22:48:57 PST 2021

Maybe Post-It notes.
I see postings where the dye in the Post-It paper transfers to hardwood floors if the paper gets wet, but I don't see any posting where the low-tack adhesive transferred to the floor. (I know you said you'd looked at alternatives online, but I just thought (low probability) maybe this was an option you hadn't considered.)
Modern Marvels or some similar show did a piece on Post-Its. It's kinda a bad adhesive, but kinda special.
While testing Deare John, I put duct tape on my carpet. A few months later, when I peeled the tape off, I learned a lesson. Carpet cleaner removed the residue, but I will never use high-tack tape on carpet again.
John Swindle