[Dprglist] RC Battery Eliminators

Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 12:39:27 PST 2021

A number of virtuanl meetings ago the need for voltage regulators arose.
One source for them is RC battery eliminators. They are light, robust,
and powerful. I used a Castle Creations BEC to provide power for servos
on one project. The input was 7.2v from LiPos. I also have a Dimension
Engineer SWADJ 3 which is a down converter. The SWADJ is 3 amp and
Castle has units that go higher.

Reminded of this because I mounted a Pi on my RVR robot. The RVR has a
USB port that supplies 2.1A but it sags below the Pi's voltage dropout.
The Pi hasn't crashed but the power warning LED does go dark. Will need
to add something to handle the Pi and Dev-D-Lite camera.

--

-73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD*