[Dprglist] Houston May Be Losing Electronic Parts Outlet

Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:18:15 PST 2021

One of Houstons mainstay hobby / pro electronics, EPO, places is having
a hard time. Haven't been there in a long time since I moved 30 miles
north. Used to get there once a month. In the late 80s I was engineering
manager for a startup and got PC equipment from EPO. Got to know Dan,
the original owner, a bit. It was an eclectic place. He had a G-scale
railroad suspended upside down from the ceiling. Magnets kept every from
falling down.

Our Microcenter store is not far from them. I suspect that hurt
business. Anyone wanting something new would go there leaving surplus
and older materials to EPO.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Electronic-Parts-Outlet-a-bastion-of-Houston-s-16708545.php

--

-73 -