[Dprglist] RealSense T265

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 9 15:24:02 PDT 2021

FWIW, my team 7172 has also been playing with this camera, and in our indoor (living room) environment we found that pointing the camera upward worked _really_ well.  There were ceiling fans and ceiling lights that it could detect; when we did that we were getting phenomenally good readings (like to within 1cm after various moves and driving around).

We haven't been as successful with the T265 in an outdoor environment -- probably too much ambient light for the sensors.

The gyro on the T265 seems to be very good; in our tests it's drifted a lot less than the BNO055 sensors that are in our control hubs (over a two minute interval).  I don't know to what degree it's incorporating data from the IMU sensors, but it seemed to work out really well for us.

Pm