[Dprglist] DPRG Query #1: Any volunteers to present on Saturday 12 Sept?

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 10:56:41 PDT 2020

Anybody want to step up?

Please speak up if you'd like to present to DPRG's monthly meeting on
Saturday 12 September.

Even a short / informal presentation somehow related to robots would be
cool.

Without a volunteer presenter for all or part of our 12 Sept meeting,
the backup plan is that I will present on helpful web meeting tools -
ie. I'll walk through setup and demo of

   - OBS / Open Broadcaster Software / shareware which lets you composite
   various media sources and stream them real-time, or record them to a file...
   - NDI Tools and related apps / a freemium suite which has some overlap
   with OBS, but also some unique benefits. I'd also try to touch on the NDI
   standard - which is way cool - albeit resource & bandwidth intensive at
   1080p or 4k...
   - A ring light / stupid simple way to help the quality of laptop or
   phone video captured indoors

These do require a learning curve and practice - and in some scenarios -
faster laptops and Wi-Fi. But at least I and some other DPRG members have
found them handy in our pandemic forced social distancing, and others have
requested a presentation...

So please email to me directly or reply all to this DPRG d-list as you see
fit.

Thanks!
Carl

Carl Ott