[Dprglist] off topic - wind map

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 08:35:35 PST 2020

two of:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2RO63U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

we have a narrow but deep property - these will port north and south. Got
one at 2.4 and the other at 5ghz. The 2.4 ghz will have more tree cover to
penetrate on the way down to ground. If I end up having to put a mast at
the other end I'll probably convert to 5ghz. Max distance to the North is
750ft over level ground. Max distance South is about 500ft with elevation
dropping 60ft. Either way I don't need extremely directional parabolic
antennas.

for general access around the house:
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-EAP110-Outdoor-V3-Installation-Controller/dp/B07CG3YRTR/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1X0HC27PSLPND&dchild=1

These are all passive POE which is unhappily not standard or likely
compatible with my POE+ switch so I'll likely have to use the included
power injectors.

I've done a fair bit of research, but have no prior experience in outdoor
wifi installations. Consider this an experiment and not advice.