[Dprglist] (no subject)

David Anderson davida at smu.edu
Wed Apr 29 17:07:55 PDT 2020

Robert (and Herbert)

I've been doing autonomous robot navigation successfully for some years
now using location information gathered from wheel encoders and gyros on
a number of my robots.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you might
have.  You might start out by looking at the navigation writeups
associated with my outdoor jBot robot:

http://www.geology.smu.edu/dpa-www/robo/jbot

Here's a video of that robot navigating through the woods to a waypoint
500 feet away and returning to within a few inches of the starting point:

http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/jbot/jbot_hatrick2_2.mpg

The jBot robot has an onboard GPS but that is not used or required for
these navigation tasks.

best regards,

dpa