[Dprglist] jevois camera

R Sluggy sluggy7584 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 21:57:18 PDT 2019

Greetings!

Long see, no time..

I have one of those. I got it with a specific application in mind, but none
of the included precut modules were really appropriate for my task.

However, the stuff it does, it seems to do well. The closest to my needs
was a recognition tool. You train it on a shape or image. Then it will
identify that image in any orientation and within a few percent of the
size. I think it also asserts a digital output to indicate a match, but I
wasn't at that point yet so I didn't test that.

To do what I want to do, I'm back to figuring out how to code that :)

The unit is powered through a USB port, as well as connecting to the PC for
configuration and interactive operation. It's surprisingly small. I think I
ordered a slightly upgraded package, so it came with several additional
accessories, most notably a variety of lenses.

I think it could be good for informing that a goal has been reached, a can
found, etc.

Sluggy!