[Dprglist] Request pointer to cheap Chinese RC Joystick controller/radio

Doug Paradis paradug at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:02:32 PST 2019

David,
    A little more info from Roboshop's BotBoardArduino manual discussing a
specific set of pins brought out on the board and as identified as "port
8". Note: nothing special about the pins, except the pullup resistor. Also
provides info on possible wiring color schemes used on the controller.

  8. This port is for connecting a Sony Playstation controller to use as a
robot controller. The Lynxmotion, Sony, and Madcatz controllers we tested
only required a 1K pullup on Pin 6, which is built into the board and must
be enabled by installing a jumper on the JPU. Other brands may require a
pullup on Pin 9, which is not included. Note, some controllers require the
green wire to be connected to 7.5vdc to enable vibrating motors, or
wireless operation. The Playstation 2 cables' coloring differs from
different production runs. Please refer to the table in the Shorting Bars
and Connections section to verify the color coding and connections for your
cable. Pin PS2 Function Pin 8 DAT Pin 7 CMD Pin 6 ATT Pin 9 CLK

https://www.robotshop.com/media/files/pdf2/botboarduinomanual.pdf

Regards,
Doug P.