[Dprglist] Four Corners clarifications

John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 27 23:36:25 PST 2019

Doug,
Four Corners questions:
Before a run, is it OK to measure the distance between the cones/markers and program that into the robot?
Before a run, may a competitor train his or her robot to recognize a cone/marker? I assume that's a necessary step (unless the robot is dead-reckoning the course), but maybe I'm missing something.
The robot has to stay in the "perimeter," outside the square, right? In Square Dance, it was OK to drive into the square so long as the robot did not cut off a corner.

Turning the localizer into an echolocator is not as easy as I thought it would be. I should try it on Four Square to prove the low-frequency sonar mapping and the high-frequency sonar targeting.
Thanks!
John Swindle