[Dprglist] Which contest is harder?

Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:34:00 PST 2019

I just posted your competition on my Autonomous Robot Competitions
Facebook page. The page is a closed group so you shouldn't get bombarded
with spam, but may get some competitors from other locations. The page
is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/autonomousrobot/. Let me know if
you don't want this.

Sample Retrieval is like the NASA Sample Return I did back in 2013 but
in a smaller area. It's a nice challenge. I think you need a time limit
on how long a robot can attempt to retrieve the items.

My personal feeling is that Four Corners is an outmoded competition,
although I can see the interest. When it was started the only way to
navigate for hobby level robots was dead reckoning so precise odometry
was necessary. Today's navigation is vision, IMU, etc and the precision
measured by Four Corners isn't necessary. Correction and adjustment of
position is done through other sensors.

-73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD*
/Mystic Lake Software/ <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>