[Dprglist] For your next robot - handy dc-dc converters - 3S LiPo to RPi

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:11:43 PST 2019

Yes - those protection circuits could likely work for DPRG use cases.

You can find ready made and protected packs from Tenergy. They're nice, but
they're at a premium.

I understand that most hobby packs don't use them because, e.g. you need
50+ amps peak for cases like drones and planes. I understood those devices
run so close to the max peak capacity of the pack, that there's no point in
having a protection circuit...