[Dprglist] FTC Tournament Invite

Karim Virani pondersome64 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:27:41 PST 2019

Iron Reign had been planning to compete in the recent roborama, but the
date changed to a  preexisting competition date so we couldn't make it. The
team has benefited tremendously through it's association with DPRG and we
hope to be able to present our latest robot to you soon. Unfortunately we
have another conflict this month. The tournament we host at Townview (map
<https://goo.gl/maps/YL6Wa6PDgmmMZZDt8>) is on the 14th in less than two
weeks. We hope some of you who weren't planning on attending the monthly
meeting will be able to once again help us with judging. We've had DPRG
judges every year and this has become known as the most expertly judged FTC
qualifier tournament in the region. It's become the largest qualifier
tournament with the longest wait list. We have 32 spots and 52 teams asking
for them.

To me, the greatest value in these competitions comes from the judging
interactions and that means we need great judges. It's hard to find judges
who have direct experience with robotics and that's why we are asking here.

But we also need more referees than ever. There are actually about 60
volunteer positions to fill altogether. They have varying levels of
commitment - some are all day, and a few of them have an online training
and tests. We know it's a lot to ask. But this is a very valuable way for
you to invest some time in the next generation.

The tournament will be Saturday December 14th at Townview High School just
south of downtown Dallas <https://goo.gl/maps/YL6Wa6PDgmmMZZDt8>. My teams
(I run 4, with Iron Reign already advancing to Regionals) will not be
competing, but 32 high school teams are expected. Four (maybe five) teams
will advance from this competition to the Regional Championship in February
and another four will advance to a wildcard tournament for a second chance.

To learn about the roles available please try this page.
https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/ftc/volunteer-resources

If you are interested, you can sign up and see the available positions for
this event here:
https://my.firstinspires.org/Volunteers/Wizard/Search/2?EventId=47076
(Note that you'll need to login with a FIRST account or create one when you
go there)

There are more event details on the Iron Reign home page at
https://ironreignrobotics.org

If you have questions, please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Karim
Coach for Imperial Robotics, Iron Reign, Iron Core and Iron Golem