[Dprglist] More Re: LF Challenge questions

John Swindle swindle at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 14 23:04:15 PST 2018

Great meeting! Members really let their feeling be shown. Good stuff.

Regarding LF Challenge:

Ron mentioned that the physical LF Challenge course might be printed without the grey lines separating the tiles and would instead have crosshairs to let judges know which tile the robot was in. Can I see a version of the course that Ron and Carl have agreed on? They have also changed overall boundaries of the arena different from what's on the website.

Although I think the original idea of speckled physical tiles with gaps in the tiles and with black tape was a great idea (so that you could plop them down randomly), the idea of almost pristine black and white with no jitter in the tile placement in the current competition makes things simpler.

So, can I see an image of the new course? The old rules said that the layout will be constant until someone wins, but removing the tile boundaries makes most algorithms simpler, while making ones based on tile recogintion worse.

Thinking of all the screwups Tesla makes, throwing away millions of their investor's dollars, wishing I could throw away a few thousand of those millions,

John Swindle