[Dprglist] Rayo Pinky-Pie 7.0

Eric Yundt eric at facetcorp.com
Thu Aug 9 00:10:03 PDT 2018

DPRG,

Okay, we are officially mobile now!

I wired a 7.4v LiPo to our step-down DC-DC converter set to output 5v and
then sent that on to VMOT of the TB6612FNG H-bridge.  A little pin
connecting later and some simple code driving some pins high, others low,
plus PWM, and Rayo Pinky-Pie was ready to show off his paces:  Forward,
Reverse, Turn CW, Turn CCW.  Nothing exploded!  Nothing let the smoke out!
;-)

We have yet to count encoder ticks, or attempt to read a line with our
QTR-8RC reflectance array, nor hook up our Sharp GP2 (10-80cm) IR sensor or
the TCS3200 color sensor, but Rayo Pinky-Pie is coming together very
nicely.  Real soon now we're going to be ready to bring all of our
peripherals together in one big control loop.  Plus we need an actual
ON/OFF switch.  The DC-DC converter has an ON/OFF switch, but I haven't
wired anything inline with the UNO battery pack yet.

Too much fun, we are having!  ;-)

--
Eric