[Dprglist] Rayo Pinky-Pie 7.0

Eric Yundt eric at facetcorp.com
Sat Aug 4 10:05:59 PDT 2018

Yeah, but I am so trying to get something rolling before working on the
next upgrade!  I too often start my next 2 projects before I finish the
1st, so I have to be extra careful of that...  jajaja.  Of course you guys
are right.  As soon as I got the UNO I started studying the family
(backwards of course!) drooling over, not just for the horsepower or the
memory -- I can juggle that, but the ATmega2560's 54 digital I/O pins, 14
for PWM, plus 16 analog input pins.  Of course the ATmega328 can expand I/O
with shift registers, using I2C, etc. but why bother when far easier and
better can be had for the same cost or less than what I paid for a genuine
Arduino UNO.

I don't think I can buy from Microcenter and have it easily shipped to
Costa Rica -- I've tried before, but they wouldn't ship to my freight
forwarder address, only to the billing address of whatever credit card I
used for a purchase.  When I travel to the US I fill a suitcase with stuff
from Microcenter -- I love their prices.  So, an online one-stop-shop like
RobotShop.com usually works better for me.  The SunFounder Mega 2560
Control Board for $17.99 looks like my ticket at RobotShop.com -- although
I've been so tempted by prices I see at Banggood.com that I might try an
order with them.  Anyone here like shopping with them?

First thoughts above aside, I do need to get started on Rayo 8.0 and the
ATmega2560 plus bigger/better motors for that ASAP!  ;-)  Soon I'm gonna
need some way for our real-world data collection to get stored (uploaded to
another server, at least stored on a microSD card for later collection) so
all of Rayo Robotkind can benefit from the sensory input of the whole.
I'll be able to play around with our allothetic perceptions of the world
and we'll be able to think about all sorts of lofty things!   ;-)

--
Eric