[Dprglist] Pre-Order now: Google AIY Vision - Intel Movidius based kit

Alyssa Pipe eh.lyssa at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 19:10:04 PST 2017

 I did get the Movidius compute stick 'hello world' working but it's not exciting. I am trying to get yolo working on it with the raspberry pi.
thanks,
Alyssa
    On Thursday, November 30, 2017, 8:46:15 PM CST, Ezra Christensen <ezracc at gmail.com> wrote:

 Have you tinkered with the Movidius compute stick?
I ordered one and will let you know if I get a 'hello world' working for it.

- Ezra
------ Original Message ------From: "Carl Ott" <carl.ott.jr at gmail.com>To: "Alyssa Pipe" <eh.lyssa at yahoo.com>Cc: "DPRG D-List" <dprglist at dprg.org>Sent: 11/30/2017 7:10:00 PMSubject: Re: [Dprglist] Pre-Order now: Google AIY Vision - Intel Movidius based kit

I'm hoping the Google AIY Vision will be easier to work with than the Movidius USB compute stick.  After all, the Vision kit comes with instructions to assemble a cardboard box.  I bet the USB stick didn't have that much clarity and assistance...
Sure - call me lazy, but I've been waiting for somebody else to put a 'plug-n-play' kit together for the Movidius.  I figure that if somebody else has worked out 'hello world', I can start kit-bashing and take it from there...
- Carl
ps. Where is this DIY stuff heading anyhow - maybe BioHacking kits from IKEA? Just follow the cartoon stick figures and make your own custom self-luminescent organic lighting decor?