[Dprglist] Pre-Order now: Google AIY Vision - Intel Movidius based kit

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:10:00 PST 2017

I'm hoping the Google AIY Vision will be easier to work with than the
Movidius USB compute stick.  After all, the Vision kit comes with
instructions to assemble a cardboard box.  I bet the USB stick didn't have
that much clarity and assistance...

Sure - call me lazy, but I've been waiting for somebody else to put a
'plug-n-play' kit together for the Movidius.  I figure that if somebody
else has worked out 'hello world', I can start kit-bashing and take it from
there...

- Carl

ps. Where is this DIY stuff heading anyhow - maybe BioHacking kits from
IKEA? Just follow the cartoon stick figures and make your own custom
self-luminescent organic lighting decor?