[Dprglist] iMake and Science on Tap Events April 1st: DPRG is attending

eric at metaldust.com eric at metaldust.com
Sun Mar 12 12:35:36 PDT 2017

The DPRG is attending two events on April 1st, We have 5 tables and
would like to have you there.

There are two events happening the same day April 1st 2017

http://www.fwmsh.org/imake
 From 10 to 4 PM is the iMake Event

http://www.fwmsh.org/science-on-tap
 From 6 to 10 PM Science on Tap

For the iMake event this is the list i have so far

Eric Chaney: Mindstorms Robot Can Robot, 2 Monitors, Interactive Music
Demo.

Ray Casler: 6 Can Robot

Carl Ott: Laptop + 23" Monitor Slide of Robo Realm, Line following
simulation

Doug Paradis: Various Robots

Steve Edwards : Various Robots, 26 Inch monitor, XBox Kinect Motion
Tracking.

If you would like to attend the iMake or / and  Science-On-Tap event
please let me know.
Dinner will be provided before the event the Science-on-Tap event. See
below for full instructions

  --- Eric Chaney eric at metaldust.com

iMake will run during the daytime Saturday, April 1st 2017, and after a
2 hour break for dinner (supplied for us), Science on Tap begins and
runs from 6 until 10PM.

Setup for iMake can be done on Friday from 5 PM to 6:30 PM for any who
wish to bring things to the museum ahead of time for an easy set-up
Saturday morning.

Setup on Saturday is from 8 AM until 10 AM.  The public starts coming
through at 10 AM.
iMake: Maker Fest runs from 10:00 am-4:00 pm

Those wishing to remain for the Science on Tap will break from 4:00-6:00
PM with a light dinner provided for volunteers working into the evening:

Science on Tap runs from 6-10 PM and is Adults only.

Those participating in Science on Tap only can come to setup from 5 to 6
PM.  But if you need longer to set up, say from 4 to 6 PM, let me know
and I will stay in the room for you.
Otherwise it will be locked up for the safety of everyone's equipment
when no Makers are present in the room.

If you are participating in iMake only, you can break down and remove
your projects from 4 to 6 PM.

I am reserving 5 tables for DPRG, as requested.  I do need a list of who
is coming in order to get their museum entry and table name signs set
up.  Any brief on what the project is and
any special power or space requirements for a particular project would
be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns,
special needs, etc.  I will be at the museum Friday afternoon to assist
in any space arrangements and setup, my own
included!  And, of course, I will be there all day Saturday and into the
evening.

If anyone needs to take their projects home Sunday instead of Saturday
evening, please let me know and we will work it out.

Both iMake and Science on Tap are such fun events!  I love it that you
are all coming!
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing all of you,

~ Mary Mathias
Cell:  817-913-2976
MjmMaker at gmail.com