[Dprglist] node.js for robots? Mark your Calendar - 29 July & 12 Aug

Carl Ott carl.ott.jr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:37:22 PDT 2017

Ever wondered about trying a different language platform for your robot?

Thinking about dabbling with javascript and node.js?

If you're interested or curious, c'mon out to *International NodeBots day
2017*.
*This Saturday - 29 July*
Here in Dallas

https://www.meetup.com/Hackster-DFW/events/240970751/

which is one of several locations

http://nodebots.io/
http://nodebots.io/#nodebots-day

Later, in the *12 Aug DPRG meeting*, I'll touch a little on node.js and
javascript from a novice point of view. I'll give an update on my line
following robot/simulator, and share insights gathered so far. For those
not familiar with this increasingly epic journey, I'm working towards a
physical robot to conquer the DPRG challenge level line following course,
which nobody in the club has done yet.
You can read more about that here

https://dprgblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/line_following_v20150412.pdf
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CElDcOeyMgVE8QBS4gBfGy2RbcqCbzuQwrQglWnl8ZE/edit?hl=en_US

My robot will be based on node.js / javascript and computer vision using a
CV software called RoboRealm. And I'm developing algorithms for the
physical robot using a custom simulator of both robot and line following
course.

Hope to see you there...

Carl