[Dprglist] Volunteers needed for FTC competitions - Help!

paradug paradug at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 09:20:38 PST 2017

-All,
    Chris Seifert has sent me a message saying the the Woodrow Wilson FTC Qualifying Tournament occurring next Saturday, Jan 28th, is in real need of volunteers.

    You do not need to be an expert. The event has needs for several roles. The signup process is fairly painless. Just follow Patrick’s previous instructions:

“Registering as an event volunteer is a two-step process.  First go to the Volunteer Registration System site, https://my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx .  It can be a bit confusing, so here is a video about how to create a new VIMS account: http://www.screencast.com/t/pTL7rCsb .  If you already have a VIMS account from volunteering in a previous event or season, you should use that account.

When you get to the,  "Apply for an event" tab, select FTC, enter your zip code and select the event (you may have to adjust the “miles to event”).  Finally, select the event role you would like.”

    If you have not signed up for the Allen HS FTC Qualifier, consider the Woodrow Wilson FTC Qualifying event.

    Volunteering is good for the soul, and breaks your routine with something different and exciting.

Regards,
Doug P.

I am uncertain on the protocol regarding DPRG email list requests.   Can you please advise or forward the attached request for FTC tournament volunteers? Thank you,  Chris Seifert, 214.284.9982

On January 28th, 2017 Woodrow Wilson High School Robocats are hosting the first-ever Dallas ISD First Tech Challenge Qualifier Tournament.  This very recent opportunity comes with a very big need for us to field a team of adult and student volunteers to carry out a variety of tournament-day responsibilities.  Your help will be invaluable, and we are massively grateful you are interested in helping us.  We could not do this without you!

The Details

Who: Woodrow Wilson HS Robocats Robotics Program and Booster Club
What: FIRST Robotics FTC Qualifying Tournament
Purpose: Qualifying tournaments determine advancements to the North Texas Regional Championship
Attendees: All (15-18) DISD FTC Robotics teams and 8-12 other FTC teams from North Texas region
What: FIRST Robotics FTC Qualifying Tournament