[Dprglist] Robot Competition! Want to participate in the 22nd Annual Roborama, held by DPRG?

DPRG Competitions competitions at dprg.org
Mon Feb 27 11:49:10 PST 2017

Do you like

*         Self-Driving Robots?

*         Robots that wrestle?

*         Robots that pick things up and move 'em around?

Wanna put your robot to the test for a chance to win great prizes?

Then come-on out to the 22nd annual RoboRama competition held by the Dallas
Personal Robotics Group (DPRG) <https://www.dprg.org/> .  We'd love to have
you participate, or even just observe and cheer on your favorite team & bot!

If you've never attended before, then come prepared for a great time.
Everybody enjoys the show, whether the robots nail the challenges & soak up
prizes, or whether they 'get a mind of their own' and 'flail about' in new
and exciting ways.

Who?

*         Open to the public

*         Students through Life-Long Learners are welcome

When?

*         13 May, 2017, from 10am to approximately 4pm.

Where?

The Dallas Maker Space

1825 Monetary Lane
Suite 104
Carrollton, TX 75006 (Map
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/1825+Monetary+Ln+%23104/@32.9398527,-96.9
057533,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x864c2631441415af:0xb17733885658510f?hl=
en> ).

Why?

*         It's fun

*         Show your inner geek

*         Hang out with a great gang

*         Be amazed (and amused) by technical wizardry

*         Prizes

What Competitions?

*         Plastic Fasteners-only Sumo  (students only)

*         Line Following (both Beginning and Advanced with student and
adult divisions)

*         Big Table Top 2 (open to anyone)

*         Can-Can Soccer (open to anyone)

What are the rules?

*         Click Here for competition details and rules
<https://dprgblog.wordpress.com/rules/>

How do I register?

*       Click Here - Sign Me Up!
<https://dprgblog.wordpress.com/pre-registration/>

Tell Me More!

*         Click Here for Schedule of Events and other details
<https://dprgblog.wordpress.com/>

Can I meet with DPRG before the competition?

*         Absolutely!

*         Simply swing by "Robot Builders Night Out" any Tuesday night
between about 7pm and 10pm, in the "Interactive Classroom" at the Dallas
Makerspace.

*         We'd love to see you!

Help - I have questions.

*         No problem.

*         Send a note to Carl, Doug or Steve at competitions at dprg.org
<mailto:competitions at dprg.org> .

*         We'll get back with you as soon as we can.

Looking Forward to See You at RoboRama 2017!