[Dprglist] robots repair holes in airship

Ezra Christensen ezracc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:44:12 PST 2016

I've been keeping my eye on NASA's Robonaut - the bot they have on the
ISS to help setup repair / construction operations to maximize the time
astronauts spend on project during EVAs. While there is a lot of
autonomous on it, they have RC suits for land based operators that it
will mimic.

We recently went down to Space Center Houston. They have a torso in the
museum and a few in the training area you can see on one of the tours.
They bolted one of them on a space quad, which I thought was pretty
cool. Here's a pic I snapped of them (shot through a glass window,
forgive the quality).

NASA recently had an open challenge on building algorithms to improve
control of it.
https://www.topcoder.com/iss/robonaut/

Ezra