[Dprglist] 2017 DPRG officer election vote

DPRG Secretary secretary at dprg.org
Sat Dec 24 12:24:42 PST 2016

It is the time of year for club members to vote for club officers.

The following people have agreed to run for the office mentioned next to their name.

President               -    Steve Edwards
Vice President       -    Ray Casler
Secretary               -    Doug Paradis
Treasurer               -    James LeRoy
Librarian                -    John Kuhlenschmidt

For voting purposes this will be called the “DPRG Suggested Slate” and they can be voted for as a group.

As always if anyone has a desire to run for one of the positions and forgot to mention it, send your name to mailto:secretary at dprg.org and I'll let everyone know how to vote for you for the office you are interested in.

Since it is so hard to get a quorum as mandated by the DPRG bylaws, please vote by e-mail as described below even if you plan to attend the Jan meeting. Your plans may change.  The hope is to have enough votes before the January meeting (January 14th) to certify the election.

If you can't vote FOR the slate or any one person but are not actually strongly against anyone please send me an email requesting me to vote as your proxy so we can wrap this up and you still can protest the choice you are given but still allow things to proceed.

We will be voting by e-mail again this year. You can vote for or against the “DRPG Suggested Slate” as a whole or feel free to split your vote with some for and some against. Or you can 'write in' a name for most any position.

Send your vote to mailto:election at dprg.org .  Do not reply to this e-mail as everyone on the list will see your vote. Ron Grant has agreed to be the official vote counter for this year’s election and the election at dprg.org email address is forwards to him.

if you are a DPRG member PLEASE vote even if you are happy with the nominations as we must get to a certain % of the total members for the election to be closed. Even if you plan to attend the Jan meeting - and we hope for a big turnout - please vote by e-mail in case your plans change.

I suggest that while you are reading this --- right now ---  you use the forward  e-mail command option and add the text FOR or AGAINST or PROXY as first line of the forwarded mail.   Forward this email to  mailto:election at dprg.org .

Thank you,
Doug P.
DPRG Secretary

Example standalone e-mail: