[Dprglist] Fw: 2nd Annual Robot Art Competition 2017

DPRG Secretary secretary at dprg.org
Mon Dec 19 14:53:53 PST 2016

-All,
     Here is an interesting opportunity for members looking to do a group project and helping DPRG. The Robotic Art Competition is an international competition open to all (though it is aimed at schools and universities) to generate robotic art. This contest specifically targets painting. Most teams use a robot arm. I think a x/y table style CNC would be easier. The main  deliverables are images of the generated art and a video of its creation. Information about the contest and a gallery of last year’s winners is at robostart.org.

    For a non-school team 100% of the winnings must be donated to a US based charity. DPRG is a US based charity .

    Would anyone be interested in forming a DPRG team? Let me know, by sending me an email. The deadline for submission of the art is April 15th. The deadline for team registration is April 1st.

    I confirmed that there would be no entry fee for DPRG from the contest officials.

Regards,
Doug P.
DPRG Secretary